BEWARE OF SOFTWARE BUGS
The ‘BUG’ bugs me and my client
When having a website for your business or company, it is important to understand a few things that can disrupt the easy use of your application by your users. Though we have the technical term as software Virus, we also have the software BUG.
Liken the BUG to that slug insect that sucks the juice out of a plant and leaves it sick looking. Why should I be concerned about a bug on my site or software? May you want to ask? Well, when your site is not meeting a certain requirement as expected this could be as a result of a bug, and how this can be fixed is why we @Netowsolutions provides you with this knowledge and platform.
WHAT IS A SOFTWARE BUG?
A software bug is a fault in a program that causes it to behave abnormally. That is an error in a software program. More so, a bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result.
CAUSES OF BUG
There are various causes for software to develop a bug but to mention a few, we have
- The human factor: this is when a mistake is occurred by the person(s) carrying out the program.
- Miscommunication: lack of correct communication within programmers can lead to an omission which results in a bug.
- Not having a proper test setup (test environment) for testing all requirements.
- Unrealistic time frame: When testers are unable to meet up the deadline, this leads to low quality or defective services.
- Not providing training to resources for the skills needed for developing or testing the application properly.
- Not tracking the development and test execution progress continuously. Last-minute changes are likely to introduce errors.
- The wrong assumption made while coding and testing stages.
- We are able to mention a few here.
- How do you know that your software has got a bug?
- When you have new products and there are fewer sales of such products or products on your site.
- If operating an e-commerce site, and you notice a high rate of cart abandonment then, there may be a software bug.
- A fall in your conversion rate may also mean that there is a system bug.
- When customers, for instance, are unable to access some features on your platform.
Bugs can remain on your site unnoticed for months. To have bugs on your site when in the live environment can be disastrous and can discourage your customers, prevent sales, and do serious damage to your brand and business.
At Netow Solutions, we care about quality. We are endowed with quality-driven and passionate testers who carry vast experience in functional testing, performance testing, automation testing, and security testing.
Let us test your application.